Saturday, 6 April 2013

5.) how did you attract your target audience?

How did you attract/address you're target audience?

I think we have attracted our target audience by simply finding out what they would like to watch in a 'thriller' film and making it happen.
 We acknowledged what the audience had to say and took on board some of their criticisms, which I think payed of. Some of the few audience we surveyed gave us back some positive feedback when we showed them what we was planning to do with our storyline narrative.

This included some people telling us to change the ending because it seemed almost 'clichéd' we took this on board immediately as we all agreed that this was a fair comment, ultimately we changed the ending ever so slightly so that it wasn't considered predictable at all and the audience could be somewhat surprised about what would happen next.
Overall I think that we should of perhaps asked more people to see what they thought, as I don't think there was enough variety of people, I think if our group took our storyline idea and questionnaire to the streets then the answers would be have more variety.
 Also, as we only stayed in the college the majority of the people we asked where at one end of the target audience age range, meaning that we didn't really ask anyone towards the end of the target audience, which is quite risky seen as though these are part of our target 'niche' audience also.
In conclusion, I think that we certainly did attract the attention of our audience and they seemed to enjoy our ideas and some even where kind enough to offer positive critics to us.
 I think that we could of possibly made our results with more of a range of variety if we asked more of the target audience but it was a learning curve, and something that we will take into consideration for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment