Although films made by mainstream industries like Warner Brothers are greatly funded and has a lot of money behind the distribution,
Exhibitioning and general budget of the film, it just wouldn't be the type of institution I think you could establish with our physcolical thriller.
This is because our film is not what you would expect from a 'Hollywood blockbuster' which will have had a budget of hundreds of millions of dollars.
This just isn't realistic and it is something that you just wouldn't associate together. I think the best media institution to distribute our film would be a independent British industry called Coffee films, which has made films that fit with our genre and theme of thriller.
Coffee films don't only make short films they also make documentaries, music videos and so on, all a mixture of dark thrillers and horror, which I think would contrast with 'Don't look behind you' brilliantly. The Coffee films industry has a website that included various projects they have worked on and shows you teasers of them.
I feel that if we used something like Warner, the audience would be extremely disappointed as the expectations of a 'Hollywood blockbuster' would not be met.
I think the chances of some company like Warner even giving our film a glance would be extremely far fetched and virtually impossible, so I think that the film would be distributed by an independent industry such as Coffee films that meet our kind of genre and are more likely to distribute something that goes with the theme of their own work and other films.documenrties and music videos they have made and distributed.
We researched various films when we first chose our genre like 'Scream' which focused on the theme stalking and also prom night which focused on the same.
However both films where mainstream and distributed by their large non-independent companies who are greatly funded and can afford to expose their film in the right was to get people to come and view it and spend their money on making sure that the exhibition is on such a huge scale that people will want to come and watch the film, with high expectations.
In conclusion I think that an independent British industry is a lot more realistic and well suited for our film as it can surprise audiences, and be distributed to the 'niche' audience which the company Coffee films already have in mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment