Tuesday, 5 February 2013

An analysis of Hole in my Hand- Benjamin Francis leftwich


Hole in My Hand- Benjamin Francis Leftwich

There is nothing you can say or doTo stop the world from tearing us in two <---------These lyrics implies that the person the singer it talking about thinks that they are close but they aren't. this also employ that they are obsessed with someone. 

From your heart where I drew a line
Through the water and down your spine  <-------- These lyrics give the feeling of a man touching or stroking a woman that he has taken or kidnapped. Giving the song an eerie feel 

I put a hole in my hand to see you
I drew a line into the sand to be with you <-------- The chorus give the feeling that the singer would do any thing to be with this person weather they love the singer back or not. 

Can you hear me call your name?
In the Winter it sounds the same
till my heart stops again
I close my eyes and see you  <--------- this emphasises the idea of the singers obsession with the person.

I put a hole in my hand to see you
I drew a line into the sand to be with you

I wanna come home
And I wanna come soon

I wanna come now
And I want it to be with you <------- this tell us that the singer dose not feel at home when they aren't with the person they are singing about. 

I put a hole in my hand to see you
I drew a line into the sand to be with you

The entire song is about obsession, and how the singer feels when he is not with or around the person he is obsessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment